Wednesday, August 1, 2012

USA

I
LOVE
the
Olympics

I always have. I love sports, I love my country, and I love the world...perfect combination.

I woke up at 5 AM Saturday to watch the opening ceremony with some friends. And we watched it in Korean. That, I tell you, is dedication. I may have slept through parts of the ceremony, and I may have been confused at times because I was listening in a foreign language, but I think I saw all the good stuff. I am in love with the torch.

I've been leaving work early this week (shhh) and by the time I get home NBC is re-playing the Olympics for nighttime TV, so I get to see what America is broadcasting. Korean TV focuses on their people, obviously, and the sports they're good at. That mostly includes taekwando and badminton. Not my favorites. What are the summer Olympics without gymnastics and swimming?!

So I try to avoid the internet all morning, because every website talks about the results and I like to be surprised. I sit on my bed and yell at the computer when it buffers, which is always at the most important moments. Yesterday it happened right at the end of a swimming race, and I had to try to figure out the results based on everyone's celebrations. Sometimes I get excited, sometimes I cry (Jordyn Weiber), and sometimes sing along with the national anthem. So great. And there are still 11 days left :)

No comments:

Post a Comment