Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas in Korea

Last year I went home for most of December, so this was my first Christmas in Korea. Christmas has come and gone, but it never really felt like Christmas, even on Christmas Day. That was probably a good thing because then I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything at home. I think it's because there was no snow. And because people don't make a big deal about it over here. I decorated my apartment, mostly thanks to my friend Katie and the things she left behind last year and then mailed me this year. 


 Festive bathroom

 She made that cute paper chain by hand last year



Christmas Eve everybody had to work. I showed the kids Ice Age and fed them candy canes. Then I went to Busan to spend the night with my friends.

 She's rudolph and Santa

This dog's name is Paco. He's kind of a demon, but he looked so cute in his Christmas scrunchie

Christmas morning we woke up and ate breakfast together, then went to church for our Christmas party. We ate Costco sandwiches, chicken, and pizza - not exactly your traditional Christmas feast but it was so good. We did white elephants and sang some carols and just spent the day together. It felt like a family day.




Merry Christmas!

1 comment: