Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I hate moving

This week Sun-am told me I could "work at home." English camp is over and I think they didn't want to pay for the heat I would turn on in my classroom if I was there, so here I sit at 11:00 on a Wednesday  morning in my pajamas. Not bad.

In between movie-watching and sleeping in, I've been cleaning out my apartment. I'm moving soon-ish, and I've seen enough people pack and up and leave that I know something unexpected always happens. Things take longer than you think, you have way more stuff than you realized, everything won't fit into your suitcases...I want to avoid that mess.

It's kind of amazing what you can fit into a 10-foot apartment. Then again I've been here for 2 years. And I like to shop. I was looking through my closet and I have pretty equal amounts of clothes I brought with me and clothes I've bought along the way. I've got a desk full random papers that I thought might be important one day, samples of student work, old birthday cards.

Today one bag of clothes goes to charity and another goes in the trash. I hate moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment