Thursday, July 3, 2014

When life gives you lemons, move!

Monday night I was sitting on the floor watching tv when I noticed water trickling down from the ceiling. I'm all about waterfalls, but not indoors. It created a small puddle on the floor and it was near an outlet, which scared me. I called my friend and asked her to call my landlord (times like this is when not speaking Korean is really hard) and he came over and looked at it. He poked around for a while and then said "I'm sorry, I don't know." He promised a repairman and left. 

Tuesday, no repairman. Wednesday, no repairman. So I called my friend again before work (thanks Mina!) and she got the landlord over. He told me the upstairs neighbor's air conditioning drain was leaking into my wall and in order to fix it they need to rip the wall open. But good news - the apartment next to me was open and I could either move in temporarily or permanently if I wanted. Bear and I went over and looked, and it was great! Bigger, more open, better layout. So I said I'd take it, and by bedtime I was all moved in. Sometimes I know what I want and I don't want to wait, and this was one of those times. 

Everything about this is so great - I love settling in to new places yet I hate the process of moving. But it doesn't get much easier than carrying things next door, especially when you have helpers. I didn't even box anything up, we just grabbed handfuls and walked. I now have a seperate living area with space for a loveseat, instead of just my bed in my old place. Which means furniture shopping, yay! The dog has more space to play, my bathroom is bigger...I could go on and on. I'm not completely satisfied yet - there's still some shopping and reorganizing to do, so stay tuned for photos :) But overall this was a very fun, very unexpected surprise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment