Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer countdowns

Today is my 2nd day of summer English camp. It's going pretty well. Class sizes are really small which is great, and I love having a different schedule and routine. I'm still teaching English, but its slightly different. I was ready for a break.

In 5 days I'm going to China! I've wanted to go to China ever since I knew I was coming to Korea, so I'm really really excited. Originally it was just me and Alissa going together, but Garrett and Kyla ended up having the same week of vacation so they're coming too. The 4 of us are on our own private tour. We have guides to take us everywhere. The only thing they don't do is travel with us, but they get us to the airport/train station, and the next guide will be waiting for us in the next city. Thank goodness, because I am not ready to navigate another foreign country by myself. Want to know my schedule? Here it is. It is action-packed. This is not going to be a relaxing trip, but it will be amazing.

Day 1: Fly into Beijing
Day 2: Climb the Great Wall! I can't wait. This is one of the 7 wonders of the world - it's going to be awesome. Then visit the Ming Tombs and see dead Chinese emperors. Then eat a fancy peking duck dinner to finish off the day.
Day 3: Visit Tian'anmen Square - the biggest urban square in the world. Sounds pretty cool. Next see the Imperial Palace/Forbidden City, the biggest palace in the world. Then go to the Temple of Heaven, then take a sleeper train to Xian.
Day 4: TERRACOTTA WARRIORS! This and the great wall are the things I'm most excited about. Then we will go to a mountain village to meet some real Chinese people, then we'll go to Big Wild Goose Pagoda. What a name. It's got lots of important Buddhist stuff.
Day 5: Fly to Guilin. Climb Fubo Hill and see Seven Star Park and Reed Flute Cave. Apparently this is the nature day.
Day 6: River cruise down the Li River. Then do some shopping in markets. Then get on a plane again and fly to Beijing.
Day 7: Free day. Finally. Our big plans are seeing the art museum, finding the Bird's Nest (from the Olympics) and finding a panda in a zoo or somewhere else to hold and take pictures with.
Day 8: Fly back to Korea, where my family will be meeting me at the airport :) They'll be in Korea for 10 days. We're going to spend the first 3 in Seoul, then they'll come to Ulsan with me. I only have to work 2 days while they're here, and one day they'll probably come to school with me. I should make them do my job for a day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment