Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's been a while

Vacation is officially over. I'm back from China! These are my thoughts/observations:

The trip was worth all the money
Paying for a tour guide and a driver in a foreign country is definitely a good idea
Ni-hao means hello and shay-shay means thank you
China has the biggest population in the world, plus all the tourists, but the women's bathroom will never have more than 8 stalls
Authentic Chinese food is amazing
Chinese are not nice to foreigners. We had people point and laugh at us, ask to take pictures with us, and take pictures of us without asking
Chinese men like to hike up their shirts so their stomachs hang out. Belly shirts are not a good look for anyone, especially overweight, middle-aged men
Chinese customs was not as intimidating as I expected it to be
Beijing has a population of 22 million people
I really like Beijing, minus the traffic
I never want to live in China
I can't believe I'm 23 and I've climbed the Great Wall
Not all chopsticks are equal: flat ones are way better than square ones
Chinese drive like Koreans
There are 8 Chinese yuan in 1 US dollar. I did a lot of mental math on this trip
You can't drink the water in China
Vacation can be exhausting

Now these are the picture highlights. I took about 200, but I won't make you look at them all.
 These are my friends Garrett, Kyla, Alissa, and some emperor
 THE GREAT WALL
 Our peking duck dinner being prepared for us
 Happy birthday communism. We felt really awkward asking our tour guide to take this picture for us and not smile in it, but we couldn't smile for communism. Except Garrett.
Us and Mao
 We spent 12 hours on a sleeper train and thought it would be fun. Nobody got a good night's rest
 These are the Terracotta Warriors. This was probably my favorite thing in China. If you don't know about them, look them up online right now

 The Great Wall again. This picture is out of order, but I don't know how to move it. Sorry
 We went on a beautiful river cruise in the city of Guilin


The Bird's Nest from the 2008 Olympics. There was an Italian soccer game going on the day we were there

No comments:

Post a Comment