Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Future Einsteins?

Every week my 5th and 6th graders do an online writing assignment. They are given a prompt and they write a few sentences and I correct them. Some of them are really hard to understand, and some of them are really funny. This week the question was something along the lines of "what do you think will be/should be invented in the future?" Enjoy your glimpse into my job.


In future car is  invented 
It  can fly and swim
Because,people can go  fast.
and be convenient for transportation.
I want to   be invented this car soon.

This is actually really brilliant
I invent pill.
It is breathe in the water.
Becuse if tsunami come people can survive.
and We can eat delicious fish in the water.
We save money
Beacuse no ride submarine.

This boy must be a sci-fi fan. I have no idea what a spider monkey has to do with anything
I think it  is a watch.
If you  push buttons people change alien.
Beacause change alien fly in the sky, stronger alien, Spider monkeys  and Clever aliens.
It`s a watch is convenient

Either this kid misspelled 'tiger,' or he's the biggest Napoleon Dynamite fan
I want to robot liger.
Because..
1.I like liger.
2.Liger is reduction.
3.Liger has a vicious temper.
4.Small liger is very cute.

Her mom would be so proud
Cleaning on the robot
 It is very good
Because Cleaning is very hard
It use  not  hard And it save time
Mom is   comfortable
 It is very good

Because carrying a ruler and a pencil is just too heavy...
I want to invention "ruler pencil".
Because  convenient.
We don`t need to carry  a ruler.
"Ruler pencil" is amazing.
"Ruler pencil" is pencilcase more large.


I'm not sure why 'spoon' is spelled 'shoop'...
I want to invent  shoop chopsticks.
Shoop chopsticks is convenient.
We don't need shoop and chopsticks.
It is easy to do the dishes.
We save money and water.

1 comment:

  1. I think you need to tell your student to invent ruler pencils right now because I NEED one. I mean they said it all right there, "ruler pencil" is amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete