Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Welcome home

After 28 hours of travel time, I'm home. The flight was just awful. I like flying, but not for 11 hours straight. However I got to eat sandwiches and diet coke on the plane, and I met some nice people and made small talk in English. I haven't been able to do that for a long time and it was very refreshing. When we touched down in Chicago the pilot said "Welcome to America" and it was the greatest thing I've ever heard. I was only expecting my parents at the airport, but these friends were there too.
They brought me an American flag balloon, signs in Korean and English, and a diet coke. Then we all came back to my house and ate chicken wings, goldfish crackers, veggies and dip, and cookies. What a nice welcome to America.
The jet lag wasn't too bad. I was verrrrry tired and I slept like 12 hours the first night, but I think I'm pretty much over it. 
I saw more friends the next day at church. I've had a few moments where I think "What am I doing...why don't I just live here?!" But, when I'm with everyone it feels like I never left. I've had tons of really good food, watched the Vikings, drank Caribou, gone shopping, and gone driving. And its only been 3 days :)

1 comment: