Sunday, January 8, 2012

Brrr

This is the temperature in my classroom. 6 Celsius = 42 Fahrenheit.
 This is me working at my desk. I'm also wearing slippers. My students wear their winter coats and hats. Some of them bring blankets, and they have these fantastic little hand warmers that you squeeze and they make heat. Productive working/learning environment right?
I can't speak for all buildings, but at schools and apartments they only heat/air condition the individual rooms, not the hallways. So the hallway is literally the same temperature as the outdoors. Teachers are responsible for turning the heat on when they arrive and off when they leave, so its always cold when I get there. The office also has some master button and if they think my classroom is warm enough they'll turn the heat off. My standard of warm is definitely not the same as theirs. Thank goodness for layers!

1 comment:

  1. My classroom is the SAME way. It's terrible. I keep my earmuff's on.....when I am not teaching class anyway. It feels like cruel & unusual punishment at times. Hot Packs rock though!

    ReplyDelete