Thursday, April 19, 2012

Life

I feel like I don't have much to write about these days. Last year at this time Korea was new and bright and shiny. I was figuring everything out and every day was exciting and there were always new adventures. There are still things that surprise me, but life has become much more regular and routine. If somebody told me I wasn't living in a foreign country anymore, I would almost believe them. I get up and go to work, teach/chill all day, make dinner, go grocery shopping, and hang out with my friends. It's not a very exotic lifestyle.

I'm so glad I'm still here. I'm definitely excited to go home next year, and its something I think about more and more often, but I'm so happy I stayed. My job right now feels very different than it did at this time last year. I think no matter what job you have, it's so beneficial to do it more than once. The first time around you're figuring things out and making lots of mistakes. The second time you still make mistakes, but you get to learn from a bunch of them too. I know I'm already a much better teacher. I feel way more comfortable with my job and just being in the school. I get to reuse a lot of my lesson plans and make them better. And it's awesome to have the same kids another year. They know me and what I expect, and I know what they are able to do and what they need help with. I don't like the idea of somebody new taking my place next year. What if they're not really committed to their job? What if they screw up and undo all the work I spent 2 years doing?

Lately I have been reading a lot (if you haven't read the Hunger Games you need to right. now.) getting serious about running, dreaming of Hawaii, dreaming of Spain, watching Cupcake Wars, and writing lots of emails/skyping lots of friends.  I'll try and do something more exciting soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment