Friday, June 29, 2012

Soak up this cuteness, because soon they'll be screaming

Tuesday was a really strange day schedule-wise. The kids had national testing all morning and most of their afternoon classes were cancelled, except for mine. 
 So 6 2nd graders showed up 1 1/2 hours early for English. Normally when kids come into my classroom substantially early I make them leave or I leave, because they like to run and scream and fight, and I don't want to be around that for any longer than necessary. 
 They were obsessed with this microphone
 I must have been in a good mood or they must have been very cute because I let them stay. I was playing music when they came in and they were excited about it, so thanks to youtube we had ourselves a little dance party. Mostly featuring the band One Direction. Not many other music videos are 8-year-old-appropriate.
 Cartwheeling
 More cartwheeling
  In one of the videos there was a blonde girl, and the girls looked at her, and looked at me, and their eyes got really big, and they pointed to the TV and said "teacha?!" And I said "yes!" I do in fact star in British boy band music videos on the weekends. 
 Cutest little face

 Gangsta peace sign

No comments:

Post a Comment