Monday, August 26, 2013

I'm baaaaaack!

Actually I've been back for a while now, about 3 months. I moved to Busan at the beginning of June and it has been so great to actually live here. When I left Korea in February I knew I was going to spend some time at home, catching up with everybody and all that, but I also knew I was going to move back. I really like being an English teacher, I have great friends and a great church here, and I know that this is where I'm supposed to be right now. Busan was the first place I visited in Korea. I loved it immediately and I have loved it ever since. It has everything - the beach, mountains, H&M...what more could you ask for? 

My first time at Hauendae, April 2011

I spent most of my weekends last year traveling back and forth from Ulsan to Busan. I would rush to get to the train station after work on Friday, spend Saturdays here with friends, and leave again Sunday night. It has been so great to just be here, all the time. To be able to see people during the week, to not always be watching the time worried about when I have to leave. The train tracks are right by where I live right now, and every time I see a train rush past I'm so grateful that I'm not on it. Half the time they sold more tickets than they had seats for so I ended up sitting on the stairs in between the cars. I'm glad those days are over. 

No more Korail :)

Since I've been back I've been spending a lotttttt of time at the beach - like 2 or 3 times a week and it's been so wonderful. Ever since I can remember I've loved the ocean. My favorite vacations have been the tropical ones. My idea of a perfect day is the beach, a fun friend, and a good book or music. And let me tell you, I've had my fair share of those this summer. Too bad I didn't grow up in California or Florida, or really anywhere with a coast.

Pretty Gwangali

I've taken a few day trips: to go bike riding, to a painted village, and to an island with a botanical garden. I went to a baseball game and wore an orange bag on my head, because how else do you cheer for the home team? I celebrated my birthday! My 3rd and best one in Korea. I've been doing a lot of reading and coffee drinking, and just relaxing and enjoying life. It has been a really good, fun, relaxing summer. 




It's good to be back.

1 comment: