Monday, July 9, 2012

baby you're a firework

I did a 4th of July lesson with all my classes that, of course, included glitter fireworks. Even though I talked about it all day, it didn't feel like the 4th of July. I was at work, not out on a boat somewhere eating, and there were no fireworks to look forward to. It was kind of weird. But the kids and I had lots of fun. Unexpected - they all freaked out about getting glitter on their hands. They'll literally roll around in the dirt outside, but gold sparkles are just too much for them. 

 double fisting the glitter


 the one child not concerned about being messy
 too cute

 it's been about a week and there is still glitter everywhere. the 4th of July lives on forever!








 I told him to smile and he did this...
 ...and she did this

 ...and he did this

I hung out with some adults in the evening. We grilled at the park, got yelled at by a mob of Koreans for grilling in the wrong place, and ended up buying lighter fluid to get the charcoal going. Happy birthday America!

No comments:

Post a Comment