Monday, July 16, 2012

Stranger danger


This morning I was walking to school, and I saw a black car slow down and stop on the side of the road about 10 feet in front of me. I thought "I bet that person is waiting for me." Sure enough, when I got close the guy rolled down his window and yelled something at me. I looked inside for just a second to see if it was a person I actually knew, but it wasn't. I continued walking and he did the slow drive behind me for a few feet, then honked and drove away.
 
I learned a few things as a child:
 
Rule #1 - never take candy from strangers
Rule #2 - never EVER get in a car with a stranger
 
I don't know who you think you are sir, or who you think I am, but I am not about to let my life become an episode of CSI. Although, if that show has taught me anything, it's that Mac Taylor will find the smallest piece of evidence and he will catch the killer in one episode. So at least I've got that going for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment