Friday, January 17, 2014

Wonderings

I wonder what my dog is thinking a lot of the time. Like when he suddenly gets up and runs from room to room, and then calmly lays down again? Or when it's 2:30 in the morning and he decides to wake me up to play? I imagine his little brain says something like "Oh, she's so still, she must be bored. I should probably try to jump on the bed and liven things up." And why oh why does he continue to poo right next to the puppy pad?

And in case you're wondering what an unhappy wet dog looks like, here it is:

I wonder why my students show up to class with a backpack that doesn't have any books, pencils, or homework in it. Surprise! This is English class, and those are all things you're going to need to use today. And what are you carrying around if there's no school supplies in your bag?

I also wonder what my student was thinking when he drew this:

When we learn new vocabulary words I sometimes have the kids draw pictures to help them remember. As you can see, the word was bite but the picture was not. When I asked him what he drew he said it was Obama. Usually I can sort of figure out why they do weird things, but on this one I am at a loss for words. 

I wonder if it is ever going to snow in Busan. We're halfway through January and I haven't seen a single flake. Meanwhile everyone back home has pounds and pounds to play in. Share the goodness!

And probably most importantly...I wonder why I've had "Deep in the heart of Texas" stuck in my head all day. I have no idea where it came from. I don't often think of Texas, or hoedowns, or anything else that would make you sing that song. One of life's great mysteries I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment