Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Thoughts...

This week did not start out great. I was crabby, and I was kind of lonely and missing people from home. The hardest part about being here is that my friends and family are somewhere else. It's hard to know that life is going on without you at home. Some people in Korea are not homesick or missing friends at all, and I honestly think that they just don't have as good of friends as I do. I have an awesome group of friends at home, and its tough to not have that here. So sometimes I get sad. But, I had a little facebook chat with my friend Ryan - he's away from home too - with the army in Kyrgystan, and he made me feel better. I prayed about it, and God is good - he answers prayers. I had to go to Korean class that night and I sat squished on the bus bench with a bunch of Koreans. Strangely enough, it made me feel like I belong. Its funny how the little things make a difference. Plus I got to hang out with my friends at class. So I'm all better now, but know that I miss you :)

On a happier note...this has been a strange week of classes. A few of my classes got cancelled and I don't know why. Pretty typical around here. Some of my classes were basically empty, so those kids learned a little and played a little. This morning I was making lesson plans for the rest of the week when Sam walked in and said "I think the students are very stressed and tired. Let's watch a movie on Friday." Translation: Sam wants to watch a movie on Friday. Actually, the kids could use it too. They have midterms today. On all their classes. In elementary school. This is the reason they're so smart.

It rained all last week so I bought rain boots. It has been warm and sunny every day since. Of course. There was a little gray cloud on my computer this morning, but its bright and warm and sunny.

Today when I got to school the principal was walking around on the soccer/dirt field. All by himself. We smiled and said hi, and I bowed, then I went inside and he stayed out there. It's nice to see your boss working hard.

I pay attention to the Twins online, and they keep losing. I might need to support the Korean Twins from now on.

That's about all I've got right now. I heard there are more of those lunchtime videos...so I'll search for them :)

1 comment:

  1. We miss you too :( I'm glad you and Ryan have this in common right now. I love you!

    ReplyDelete