Thursday, June 16, 2011

Things I've Learned

How to use chopsticks
Korean
Public transportation
Respect for age
Bowing. It's become a reflex
The sink will always be full of dishes
To take my shoes off immediately when I enter any building
That I don't know where all the dirt in my apartment comes from
I don't like silence
Turning on the TV makes me feel like there's another person in the room with me
I have really fantastic friends and family back home
Teaching kids in a foreign language is not the same as teaching them in your own language
Russians give us all a bad name
How to communicate with pictures and gestures
Speaking is not always necessary
I could not do this without God
I really love Steven Furtick. He's the pastor at Elevation Church in Charlotte, and I look forward to his sermons every week
Kids will do anything for a sticker
All arguments can be solved with rock paper scissors
Google translate is not accurate
English is really hard
There are times when you have to laugh or cry. I choose to laugh
It's usually better not to ask what food is on your plate
A meal is not complete without soup, rice, and kimchi
I love kids
I love teaching
Being a teacher is a lot of work
How to download tv shows and movies
Light coke is not the same as Diet coke
I'm happy I am from America
I like learning about other cultures
Mail is exciting
To refer to myself as a "foreigner"
I don't think I will ever like fish
Life is better when you have friends to do things with
Do what it takes to make the boss happy
Instant coffee is terrible, but better than nothing
Gifts of food go a long way
I'm totally dependent upon Yuri, Jenny, and Sam
I like reading the news
"College" and "University" mean totally different things to the rest of the world
Busan might be my favorite place ever

No comments:

Post a Comment