Friday, August 19, 2011

Family Visit

They day I got back from China my family landed in Korea. We spent 3 days in Seoul together, then they came to Ulsan with me. We also visited 2 other cities, Daegu and Busan. We had a lot of fun! It was more business and traveling, but it was worth it.
We went to Gyeongbokgung Palace in Seoul. It rained the whole first day we were there, which was not so fun, but we got umbrellas and made the best of it. 
Family photo at Seoul Tower
Shopping at Namdaemun Market. My mom got a "Coach" purse and some jewelry. We bought other things too, but I can't remember what they were
Principal wanted to take us out to dinner. I tried to get out of it...obviously I was unsuccessful. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Thankfully Yuri was there to translate and be a nice little buffer.
She made him listen to her English/Korean tapes
One day they came to work with me. My kids were HILARIOUS! They didn't really know how to respond in a socially acceptable way. My favorite reaction was from a 5th grader. He walked in, looked at my family, and said "Teachaaaa. Oh my God!" Haha...what does that mean?! Some girls told me Alex has a big head and a little chest, and those same girls tried to count all the freckles on my mom's arm. Other boys petted my dad's arm hair. It was a great day for everyone. 
We went to a baseball game in Daegu. The people in charge decided it would be a great idea to sell more tickets than seats, so we spent the first few innings sitting on the stairs. Luckily it rained again, and Koreans are afraid of rain, so they all ran away and we snatched some seats. Then we ate ramen. 
Dinner at my favorite Korean bbq place.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I love this blog post so much! I'm so happy that your family was able to visit you :) What a fun fun time!!! Christmas will be here before we know it and then I get to see you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete