Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Finally!

I am 25 years old and I live in the most technological country, and last week I got my first smart phone. It is beautiful. It is black with a pink case, and it is my current favorite thing. I'm trying not to be one of those people everybody hates who doesn't participate in the conversation because they're too "busy" with facebook or whatever, but I don't think I'm doing a very good job. Sorry real life friends. I'll try to be better.

Mina took a group of us to the phone store because she has a gift for getting good deals. She's taken a few batches of people to the same guy, so he knows she's going to bring him a lot of money and he gives discounts. He came and met us at the subway station, gave us coffee, and paid for our cab ride to the phone store. Off to a great start! I wish more things in life included free coffee. Then we sat there for a long time because there were 4 of us and we had important decisions to make, like what color phone to get and how much data is necessary each month. But after a few hours we all left with phones, free phone cases, and smiles on our faces.

And now, now I can check my email anytime I want. I can google the answers to all my questions whenever I feel like it. I can message people in three different ways. I can take pictures of everything I eat (I reallllllly don't want to become that person, but it's nice to have the option). I don't have a worse phone than my 1st grade students anymore. Life is good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment