Thursday, October 17, 2013

Home Sweet Home

I paid rent yesterday, which means I've been living in my apartment for a month! It feels like it's been about a week. It's starting to feel very cozy and comfortable around here. I've bought bedding, a mirror, a lamp, pots and pans...the more I bring home the happier it feels. It's fun making this place mine. 

I made a nice video tour for you but it was being difficult and I got tired of trying to get it to upload, so these pictures will have to do. 

 Bathroom. Self-explanatory. 

 Kitchen. I still need to get a table - I've got this nice wooden white one in my head and now I just have to find it in real life. I tried to hang some pictures the other night and I learned that my walls are made of cement. I tried 3 times and bent 3 nails. The first time I thought I did something wrong, the second time I thought maybe it was because my hammer has flowers on it, and the third time I concluded it was the wall's fault. So, the pictures sit on the floor. 

 Bedroom. My window looks out at another building and I realize this may not sound appealing to you, but it blocks the sun in the morning and that is very appealing to me. The kitchen is on the other side of the wall on the left, and I like the separation. My apartment is technically a one-room but because of the wall it doesn't feel like it.

Bedroom part 2. TV, closet, storage, and friends. 

And there you have it! My home sweet home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment