Thursday, September 1, 2011

Party Pinatas!

Summer is officially over :( Today was the first day of the new semester. I was not excited, and neither were my students. I saw a 6th grade boy wandering the hallway this morning, and he said "teacha, this day is no fun." I know. I had to teach a lesson on the past tense and future tense after a month of playing games, cooking, and this fun pinata project! This was the last thing I did during summer vacation. I taught the 1st and 2nd graders about birthdays, so I decide we would make pinatas. Then I had extra supplies, so I did it with my 3rd and 4th graders too.
 First blow up your balloon. Or, get it all wet with your spit and then give it to Breann teacher to blow up because you thought you could do it yourself but you actually can't.
 Then cover it with newspaper strips and watery glue.
 And get every surface in the classroom nice and sticky.


 Wait for it to dry overnight, then paint!
Believe it or not, no one painted on their clothes!
 We got some paint on the floor once, but wiped it up fast enough that it didn't stain. Thank goodness.




Good-bye summer, we will all miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment