Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Boxes and boxes

I got my first packages this week! On Tuesday I got a box full of toys and goodies from Danielle and Ashley. I came back to my classroom from lunch and it was sitting on my desk. I was so excited!
Also on Tuesday my principal drove me home. I think she wants to be best friends. In her very broken English she asked me if I had a boyfriend, if I called my parents over the weekend, if I am a Christian - then she invited me to her church. I'm trying really hard to not go to her church. Not that I don't like church, I just don't like 3 hour services in a foreign language.

Wednesday I got my first package from my family. It was FULL. Thanks mom :)
Wednesday is the day I go to both schools. I got my package at school #1 right before I had to leave for school #2, which means I had to carry it with me. Not a big deal. Except...I was walking towards the bus stop when I saw my bus sitting at a red light. It had come early and I missed it at the stop. So I had to run, in a dress, with my box and my purse, to get to the bus before the red light turned green. I had to dodge a few cars, but I made it safely and was in a seat before the bus started moving. I'm sure EVERYONE who saw me got a good laugh.

My last class on Wed was my 5/6th graders. Normally there are 25 of them, but only 6 showed up. I tried to ask the kids where the rest of them were, but all they could tell me was something about a science test. (Sam was at a meeting, so I didn't have my helper/translator) So I asked them what they wanted to do, and they said "dance party!" So I let them. This is a video of Neo, a 6th grader, and possibly my new favorite kid. This is the real dance to the song. Sorry its sideways, but its definitely worth turning your head to watch :)

2 comments:

  1. haha that video is grrreat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha oooo my what a CUTIE! So fun... and I'm glad you didn't die getting to the bus :)

    ReplyDelete