Friday, March 18, 2011

Today...

I wore my new pink and white polka dot scarf
I got to skype with my friend Ashley Nelson before work this morning
The bus was very full so I had to stand and hold onto a pole. It was not a smooth ride
I said hello to the principal. I'm trying to make him like me so I get good vacation time :)
I wrote 2 days worth of lesson plans, some emails, and spent a lot of time on facebook. On thursdays and fridays I don't teach until 11:45, so I have plenty of down time in the morning
My co-teacher Jenny came running into the room to get me. The 6th graders made kim bap - its like sushi - and she wanted me to try it. It was DELICIOUS! I could eat that stuff every day. Its rice, tuna, and lots of vegetables wrapped in something. There were 4 of us teachers "grading" the final product. They passed :)
During my 2nd grade lesson 2 girls answered their cell phones, said something in Korean to Sam, and left the room. I asked him what was going on, and he said their moms had called them
During my 3/4th grade lesson I looked out the window and saw 2 cops playing soccer on the school playground in their socks
I made a new friend! Lily is a Korean who teaches English friday mornings and Jangsaengpo. We had lunch together and rode the bus home together.
Katie and I had dinner at a Korean pork restaurant. It was also delicious! There are little grills at every table and you cook your own food

After dinner we went back to Katie's apartment and met up with Martin, another English teacher. I introduced them to the wonderful movie that is Baby Mama.
What an eventful day!

2 comments:

  1. Everyone needs to see Baby Mama. Way to do your part Breann! And that restaurant looks so fun! You are so cute and now I miss you :( <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna SKYPE! I wanna SKYPE!!!

    ReplyDelete