Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Disguises

I saw a lady with blonde hair on the street yesterday, and it was SHOCKING! Now I know how people feel when they see me. People do double takes all the time. They will actually turn around so they can watch me longer, or stop walking if I'm passing them. Tonight Katie and I were walking on the street and a guy in a car rolled down his window and then stuck his head out the window - while driving - to stare at us. A teenager took a picture of me on his phone later on tonight when I was walking home. He thought I didn't notice, but I did.





I have also started walking around at night with a scarf on my head. Why? Because Koreans think blondes are Russian prostitutes. For real. I have had at least 5 people ask me if I'm Russian...and I've been here 3 weeks. Its not my favorite experience, so this is my attempt to avoid it. We'll see if it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment