Friday, May 13, 2011

Deskwarming

Today I am deskwarming. That is exactly what it sounds like. My purpose for being at work today is to keep this desk warm. All the students and teachers went on a field trip, and I got left behind :( Jenny tried to get me to go too, but the vice principal said no. Something about money. She and Sam both said they'd rather be stuck at school than go on the field trip, but I disagree. 
So far today I:
wrote lesson plans through next Thursday
spent A LOT of time on facebook
gave myself a private tour of the school/snooped around
finished a book
listened to a sermon online
wrote my mom 2 emails
ate a very long lunch
read the newspaper online
watched some youtube videos
...and now its 2:30. And I'm out of things to do. And I have to be here until 5:30. Most of you are probably thinking "I would love to get paid to sit around and do nothing at work. That sounds like fun." You are right. It was fun for about the first 2 hours. Too bad the work day is 8 hours long. And too bad I can't leave early - Jenny and Sam are expecting to see me when they finally come back to school. I'm considering pulling out all my hair so I can count how many strands there are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment