Sunday, May 1, 2011

Party train!

Today I went to Busan with Katie, Garrett, and Kyla. Katie and I went to find our seats on the train, and quickly realized we were in the party car! Almost everybody was part of the same group, and they were having a GOOD time. We sat down and they brought us some fruit, then we got meat, then we got beer, then we got our picture taken, then we got some nuts. All this happened before 11 AM. Some of the ladies fed us things - they put them directly into our mouths. They kept trying to speak Korean to us, and that wasn't getting anybody anywhere. I thought it was hilarious! Only in Korean can you bring your own food and alcohol on a public train, and eat and drink it and have nobody care. And only in Korea do you share everything you have with the foreigners.
Some of the goodies
 Joining in the party

When we got to Busan the 4 of us walked around on the beach for a while. It was a perfect day. I could spend all day long on the beach and never get bored - I love the ocean so much. We found a path that went up and down and around and around and we followed it for a while. 
This is what we saw

Then it was lunchtime! We found a really great, semi-authentic Mexican place. I ate a burrito and a pina colada and it was awesome. We felt like we were in California, not Korea. After lunch we went to Chinatown. I would say it was probably half Chinese, half Korean. 
We saw some lanterns
Some kind of show/competition. We didn't know what was going on, but all these people seemed to be enjoying it
Buddhist decorations. The swastika on top is not actually a swastika, its actually a Buddhist symbol that Hitler stole. I was a little concerned before I learned that - lots of people are Buddhist in Korea so you see that symbol all the time.

Then we went to Costco, which was the purpose of the trip. I got meat, cheese, muffins, and peanut butter. 4 pounds of peanut butter to be exact!




At various times today I was on a bus, the train, the subway, and walking. I got sunburned, even though I was wearing sunscreen. My feet are kind of sore and there is sand in my shoes. It was an awesome Sunday!






No comments:

Post a Comment