Friday, May 20, 2011

This week

Recap:

Monday - I went to that training I loved so much.

Tuesday - work, and Korean class. Most of my friends weren't at Korean class this week, so it was a little lonely. Our teacher taught us 25 verbs - I remember about 3 of them. She also taught us that the president's nickname is 2 mega byte. Only Koreans would think of a technological nickname. Level 2 of Korean class starts in a few weeks. I think I'll sign up - I still have lots to learn. But, I'm pretty much literate now :) Most of the time I have no idea what I'm reading, but I can sound out the words.

Wednesday - My favorite day! I get to be at both schools. Principal and vice principal ate lunch with Yuri and me...always an experience. This week the 3 of them talked in Korean about my eating habits and my family coming to visit. Principal wants to kidnap them that week and she wants them to see the entire country while they're here. She also told me that lettuce and tomato are vegetables, and if you mix them together it makes salad. Thank you for that. After work  I went over to Katie's. We had Mcdonalds for dinner then just hung out.

Thursday - My 3/4th grade class was writing sentences. One of groups of boys said "teachaaaa, mi-gook?" (mi-gook means American) I said yes, then I came back to check on them and they had written sentences about Obama and Joge Washington for me (George washington, obviously). It was pretty cute. After work Katie, Alexis, and I went for a walk around the lake. I learned how to download TV shows, so Katie and I watched a few episodes of Modern Family. If you've never watched it, you need to. So funny!

Friday - I went into Jenny's office to ask her a question, and we ended up eating cookies and talking for almost an hour. We're becoming friends, not just co-workers. I feel comfortable around her and she's pretty easy to talk to. It's so great to have a friend. Again, God is taking care of me :) Jang Saeng Po bought 4 rabbits to keep as pets. 3 of them are gray, 1 is brown. I call the brown one the Breann bunny. One of the rabbits got out of the cage, so Jenny and I watched Sam and another teacher try to catch it. That was the funniest thing I've ever seen. Half the kids were gone from one of my classes, so the ones that showed up got to play Jenga and Connect 4 with me and Sam. Then at night I saw the new Pirates movie in 3D with some friends. It was really good!

So there you go...a little taste of life in Korea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment