Sunday, May 1, 2011

Last week

It's been a while. Sorry for neglecting you.

This Tuesday at Korean class we didn't learn any language, instead we dressed up in traditional Korean clothes called Hanbok, ate rice cakes, watched some movies about Korea, and saw a mom and daughter perform some traditional bowing ceremony.
This is me and my friend Kyla
Mother and daughter doing their thing
Cute little girl

After Korean class Tuesday night I went to Home Plus - I swear I go at least twice a week. I have to carry whatever I buy home, so I try not to buy too much at once. Anyways, I was shopping and I saw my co-teacher Sam. He seemed really surprised that I exist outside of school.

Wed morning I had a near-death experience with a q-tip.

We learned about a restaurant that makes really great burgers, so some friends and I went out Thursday night to find them. We got to the restaurant and it was closed. Furniture gone, decorations gone, padlock on the door. Closed for good. We were SO disappointed! We ate Korean bbq instead.

Friday I had to teach a lesson at a different school. All my English teacher friends had to do this, and none of us really know why. So my co-teacher Jenny drove me, and Yuri met us there. I had to teach a class of 30 4th graders that I had never met before, in front of an audience of probably 30 Koreans. Some of them were important people and supervisors, and some were just teachers. The audience sat in the room next to the classroom, and there was one-way glass in between the 2 rooms so they could see in but we couldn't see them. Crazy huh? I wasn't nervous until I got there and saw that. These kids spoke almost perfect English. I felt like I was back in America teaching a regular group of students. It made me excited to come back home and be a "real" teacher - teach my own class of kids who speak my language. Not that I don't love this job, but I don't want to do it forever.

Saturday was gross and rainy, so I saw the movie Thor. It was in 3D. It was not worth the price I paid for the ticket, but it was fun to see. Especially with those sweet glasses :)

Right now I'm eating a muffin and watching the K-pop channel. This is the most popular song in Korea, and the one I'm listening to right now. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment