Thursday, May 5, 2011

Round 2

Today was Jang Saeng Po's sports day. It was just as much fun the second time around! And I took just as many pictures...
Again, group stretching to start the day. I think its hilarious
Kindergarteners after their race. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place got to sit by flags. 
Co-teacher Jenny! Her goal today was to make me do as many things as possible. She tricked me into running a race with the moms (but I got a prize - toothpaste and soap), she made me run a race with the students, and she made me play tug of war. It was super fun though! When I wasn't running we sat together and talked and laughed
This guy was the DJ/MC/host - I'm not sure what to call him. He announced, into the microphone, in Korean, that I look like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.
1. I look nothing like Julia Roberts
2. I'm not sure if he was trying to complement me or call me a hooker
Jump over the bar
This is Logan and his sparkly blue hat. He is in 1st grade
Step 1: Wear a cup hat
Step 2: Fill the cup with water, run to the bucket, dump the water in, and try not to get too wet.
Everyone had a balloon tied to their ankle, and they had to pop other people's balloons but protect their own
Run with a big ball
My favorite balloon game again! :)
1. Blow them up
2. Fill your bag
3. Make the dads ride the bag like a horse
4. and POP!
Run with a pole and please don't get hurt
Kick your shoe as far as you can
Group tug of war. I don't know if you can tell...but that's Sam in the middle of the picture wearing man capris. It was so hard to not laugh at this outfit
This kid, all alone in the back, was not helping his team very much. He's actually not even a student at this school...
Superman came to visit, and he brought balloons
Scoreboard. The teams were called Big Whale and Big Dolphin
Whole school relay race. The 1st graders started
Aaaand...lets end the day with a coreographed dance! 

After sports day most of the teachers went out for lunch at a nearby restaurant, and some parents came too. A few of the moms paid for everybody's meal. I ate whale meat. It was chewy and salty. It's very expensive, and illegal. But they eat every single part of that whale. There was tongue, intestine, back, and shoulder on the platter. Half the table watched me eat it, so I had to swallow and pretend to like it. It actually wasn't too bad - I've had worse things to eat in this country. I would never order it, but if somebody gave it to me again I would eat it. After that Jenny drove me home, and I spent the afternoon relaxing and getting ready for my WEEKEND IN SEOUL!!!! :)



3 comments:

  1. tooooo funny.
    1) not to make you more self-conscious but the only time julia roberts is blonde in that movie is at the beginning...on hollywood blvd. just an interesting fact.
    2) im so glad that kid was there to help with tug o war
    3) i love ALL their games...so much better than track and field day here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA.. that is all :)

    ReplyDelete