Monday, May 16, 2011

I'm so smart

I had to go to teacher training today. I found out about it last week, and I wasn't thrilled. I just did this for a whole week in February, and I didn't learn much then. I had a feeling this was going to be a repeat. The bright side was that most of my friends would be there too. They didn't give us lunch, so this morning I was making myself a PB&J and I sliced my thumb open with a knife. How embarrassing. My regular knife was dirty so I had to use the super sharp one. This is what I get for neglecting my dishes.

Next I went to the bus stop. I knew what bus I needed to take, but not what time it would come. I ended up standing there for almost 30 mins. It's fine, it was nice and I had my music. The bus pulled up, I got on, and realized it was the luxury bus or something. It was reeeeeeeeeeeeally fancy! It even had tinted windows. Normally that would be cool, but it was hard to see out the window, and I needed to see the building to know when to get off the bus. I always get a little nervous - even at home - when I'm going somewhere I've never been before and I have to be there at a specific time. I should get over that because it always turns out fine. Like today. The bus dropped me off in a weird place, but I made it. This building was made entirely out of windows. It looked like a space ship. I wish it really was - that would have made this day so much better.

We sat through 3 lectures. We "learned" how to teach speaking and listening (easy) how to teach reading and writing (not applicable because its too hard for my kids) and how to manage a classroom (not really helpful, but entertaining at least). Even if we have to sit through dumb stuff, its nice to be in a room full of English teachers because we all understand each other. We know exactly what everybody else is going through. We had some time to talk about what's going on in our classrooms, and most people complained about their co-teachers. Some of them are just whiners and need to suck it up, but some of them have legitimate problems. I guess I'm really lucky because my co-teachers are pretty awesome. For the most part they give me freedom to do what I want, they help me as much as they can, they care about me...I've got it really good compared to some people. Yuri and I have a hard time understanding each other, but at least she makes an effort. So the moral of the story is that I'm pretty lucky. God is taking good care of me in Korea.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are blogging. Have I sad that before lol? PS I want to see this spaceship building

    ReplyDelete