Sunday, May 15, 2011

I love weekends!

For the first time in my life I don't have to do anything on the weekends. I've always been doing homework, or writing lesson plans, or studying, or working at Caribou. But now I have a regular 9-5 job, and when I'm done with work on Friday I have no responsibilities. I love it!

On Friday everybody finally came back from the field trip around 3:30. Sam complained to me about how boring the field trip was (they went to science museum and followed a tour guide around) and I complained to him about how boring it is to sit alone at school all day. He said "Do you have any work to do?" and I said "Are you kidding me - I've been done for hours" and he said "Just go home." So I did. It was awesome. Later Yuri (my co-teacher at my other school) called and said that parents had brought bread for Teachers' Day and she wanted to share some with me. She came to my apartment with a Paris Baguette bag, and I got really excited because they have the best pastries. I opened the bag and found 3 rice cakes. It was very generous of the parents, and I like rice cakes, but I was a tiny bit disappointed it wasn't real cake or something. Oh well. I'll eat them anyways. Then I went out to dinner with Alissa, Kyla, and Garrett. We ate Italian - I had fettuccini alfredo with bacon. Yum. Then we went to Cafe Pascucci for some coffee and card playing.

Saturday Alissa, Katie, and I went to Ulsan Grand Park. And let me tell you, it is grand. I wore the wrong shoes and my feet still hurt a little. We walked all over the place and even found a zoo. These were the animals we saw:

monkeys
phesants
cows
sheep
goats
turkeys
peacocks
ducks
dogs (yes, pet dogs. in a cage. at the zoo)
deer

All these animals, minus the monkeys, are farm/forest animals. Luckily we only paid $1.50 to get in. I don't know what goes on at this zoo, but these animals were way more active than any other zoo animals I've ever seen. The ducks were fighting each other, the monkeys were swinging all over the cage, and the turkeys were FREAKING OUT! It was a really entertaining trip. After that I went out to dinner with my neighbor friend Alexis and 2 of her friends. We had sushi (not my fav, I had a california roll) then we also went to Cafe Pascucci for some coffee and chatting. I know, twice in one weekend, but this place has the best coffee I've tasted in Korea. And they gave me a punch card, so I have to go back at least 9 more times :)

Sunday morning Katie, Alissa and I had breakfast and coffee at Paris Baguette, like always. Then we went to church, then we went out to lunch with some church friends. We had perfect weather all weekend, including today, so we sat outside on the patio and ate sandwiches. Lovely. Then I came home and did all the things I've been putting off all weekend, like cleaning the floor, and the sink full of dishes, and the grocery shopping. I even had time for walk around the lake. I love the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment